Jun 20, 2012

Interview: Naty Michelle



A few days ago I was doing my usual check up on www.fashionbombdaily.com looking at their "Fashion Bombshell of the Day" and came across Naty Michelle, an independent fashion blogger from New Jersey. I instantly fell in love with her after viewing only the first couple of pictures. The way she manages to have such a chic, comfortable, sexy style but still keep everything classy really intrigued me. And after reading her post on the site I immediately visited her blog (http://www.aloveaffairwithfashion.blogspot.com/) and spent about an hour studying her outfits and reading her posts. And since I love doing interviews and have been slacking (womp) I decided to contact her and do an interview:) So below is the interview along with a few pictures. Enjoy!


xox. Armoni

Q: How would you describe your style, and based off of your answer what designer is closest to that who you would like to work for?

A: My style is usually very chic and feminine.  But I do like to be versatile and switch up my looks.  Sometimes I go for more of an edge, or something a little playful and flirty.  It really just depends on my mood that day. Whatever the style is though, my goal is to always keep it classy. :) I’ve never really thought about which designer I’d like to work for that fits my style, but off the top of my head I would probably say Chanel.  I pretty much love anything Chanel. 


Q: Name three things in your closet you cannot live without

A: My blazers- I think these are a staple piece that every girl should have.  I have so many different colors & styles and there’s so much that can be done with them.  I’m definitely blazer obsessed!
My heels- I’m short, so majority of the time I love to wear heels.  Shoes really make the outfit and I feel so comfortable and confident when I wear high heels even if the shoes themselves aren’t super comfy J
My skinny jeans- These fit me best and a good pair of jeans is another staple piece that every girl should own.


Q: What are some of your favorite trends for the season?

A: I really love asymmetrical (high/low) pieces, anything peplum, neon, colored denim, printed pants, maxi skirts & dresses… these are all on trend and fit my style perfectly.

Q: Who's one of your favorite style icons?

A: Kourtney Kardashian is one of my top style icons right now.  I was actually inspired to start wearing blazers because of her.   I just think she’s super stylish and I would wear a lot of her outfits.

Q: Where do you shop?

A: I mostly shop at Zara, H&M, and Forever21.  They’re all affordable and I love the pieces that they carry.  But I pretty much go anywhere. I love boutiques too and do a little online shopping. 

Q: What's your most expensive purchase?

A: I haven’t really made a big purchase in awhile, but it would probably be my black Michael Kors watch and then my Jeffrey Campbells. 

Q: Do you have any goals/aspirations to achieve within the fashion industry? What are they?

A: Sometimes I see myself being a style consultant and in a way I get to do that now with my blog.  I love helping out other women in terms of finding their own style and being confident with what they wear.  I’ve also thought about what it would be like to style celebrities.  But I’ve also thought about the possibility of having my own line one day.  I can’t draw, but I have so many ideas floating around in my head and with the right design team I believe I could create something really wonderful.  This is still all new to me so right now I am just trying to see what opportunities come along with fashion blogging!

Hope you all enjoyed this post! Check out Naty's blog at http://www.aloveaffairwithfashion.blogspot.com/









No comments: