Feb 25, 2014

Fausto Puglisi Spring 2014 RTW

Spring 2014 is definitely going to be one to enjoy! This season is all about a rainbow of pretty pastels, cropped jackets, contrast-collar button downs, and wide leg pants just to name a few! The past couple weeks I've been researching different designers and their collections for the spring as I begin my shopping for the season and Fausto Puglisi was one that I could not forget. Fausto Puglisi's Spring 2014 RTW collection is full of beautiful bold colors, geometric shapes, and cropped jackets that are to die for! This designer definitely did a great job at taking this seasons trends and making it their own so that it does not got caught up in the mix with other lines.

As far as inspiration for this line, it's safe to say that Puglisi was definitely inspired by "resort" style. Don't know what I mean? For example, if you visit a resort in say Miami, typically you will find that tourists have on bright colored tops/bottoms, button ups, bermuda shorts, floral/palm tree prints, wraps, and pastels for the most part. Well, as everyone lately is uber obsessed with traveling and Instagramming their latest vacation, designers have now became inspired and based their collections off of this. Almost every designer including Gucci, Yves Saint Laurent, and Chanel have taken part in this, while of course keeping their signature looks. At first I was a bit reluctant to this new theme in fashion, but I'm excited to see just how designers and my peers will be pulling this off! 
Below are just a few of my favorite looks from Puglisi...

Fausto Puglisi Spring 2014 Ready-to-Wear